Welcome to the Knitting Samurai and Her Guys Video Podcast!
All projects are knit holding yarn doubled, with US size 5 and US size 7 needles.
Cast on a hat inspired by the Baa-Ble Hat by Donna Smith using Christmas Balls as a the stitch motif for the colorwork. Brown Cakewalk yarn.
Cast on a hat inspired by the Baa-Ble Hat by Donna Smith using Christmas Balls as a the stitch motif for the colorwork. Fibernymph Sunshine Gradient yarn.
Time of year for the Stash Dash -Hosted by The Knit Girllls podcast. Loads of levels but I’m going to stick with the 5K (or 5,468 yards), it’s been a challenge for me every time I’ve attempted. Starts May 27th so no more FOs between now and then. Ends August 21st, which means it’s 12 weeks long plus 2 days. Need to be finishing 455 yards a week. Game planning for Stash has begun. May move me on from my Hat Addiction…
Looking at my Unfinished Objects or hybernating projects…
The candidates include:
- The two hats currently on the needles for combine for about 700 yards
- Tristan’s Save the baby whales! by Sargantana Formenterenca it’s about 3/4 of the way finished. For around 750 yards.
- Feeling Shawl-ish Phi by Jennifer Dassau is about 1/2 completed. For around 650 yards.
- The Schooner View Foolproof by Louise Zass-Bangham it’s about 1/4 of the way finished. For around 300 yards.
- The Second Luna Viridis by Hilary Smith Callis with Claudia Handpaints is about 40% completed, for a total of 375 yards.
- That’s Good Planning Socks with Fish Lips Kiss Heel by Sox Therapist are 15% completed, for a total of 375 yards.
- Grey Tweed Socks Wendy Knits Toe-up Slip-Stitch Heel by Wendy D. Johnson are 20% completed for a total of 350 yards.
- Second round of Frankenfingers (fingering-weight version) by Elizabeth Green Musselman are just begun at 5% but would need 350 yards.
- Vodka Gimlet by Thea Colman is 20% finished and languishing for years. Would use about 1,500 yards.
With the sweat0er I’m about 200 yards short. Without it 1,700 yards. Conclusion, I need to knit a sweater. Maybe cast one on today.
Where to find more episodes…
- 3 Seasons available of Knitting Samurai Podcasts on YouTube. Expectant Knitter (10 episodes), Knitting Samurai Plus 1 (100 episodes), and The Knitting Samurai & Her Guys (35 episodes).
- wordpress.com carries the 20 most recent episodes and 20 past episodes back to when Roland was born.
- And you can subscribe to the podcast via the Itunes as well.