Welcome to the Knitting Samurai and Her Guys Video Podcast! A Show about a scattered caffeinated mom who knits, loves her family, works full-time and tries to keep it all running smoothly.
HI to friends in Canada, Brazil, United Kingdom, Sweden, New Zealand, and Mozambique!
Finished Adama by Hillary Smith Callis with Inspiration Dyeworks and J.Knits Simply Luxurious -teals.
PHI Shawl is back! PHI Shawl by Jennifer Dassau using Leading Men Fiber Arts in Show Stopper color Man of Mystery and Into The Whirled Ulundi Sock in the Captain Tightpants color. US size 6s – 4.0mm needles.
All hats are knit holding yarn doubled, with US size 5 and US size 7 needles.
Started Colorwork portion of the hat inspired by the Baa-Ble Hat by Donna Smith using Christmas Balls as a the stitch motif for the colorwork. Chocolate Claudia Handpaints Fingering yarn and Fiber Optic Kashmir yarn.
Working on a hat inspired by the Baa-Ble Hat by Donna Smith using Christmas Balls as a the stitch motif for the colorwork. Fibernymph Sunshine Gradient yarn.
Still going…Luna Varidis by Hillary Smith Callis with Cakewalk yarn in the Allegan colorway.
Started a new design! Modular!
Poison Ivy is still EVIL!
2016 Aspirations: Really just focusing in on knitting down stash and completing stash dash for now.
- Knit 10 miles(17.6K yards) of yarn, 27% more than last year.
So far this year I’ve knit 8,300 yards. I’m ahead of schedule.
- Barn Raising Quilt Year 3: 29 Blanket squares. This is the 3rd year so I need to knit whatever squares are left to be knit.
-none this month
- Get stash below 160 miles. -10.7 miles total.
At 166.5 down 4 miles! 6 miles to go.
- Knit 6 sweaters for us: maybe 3 sweaters for me and 2 sweaters for each boy. That math doesn’t work.
no movement here
- 10 Pairs of socks including socks for LT, Dad, Shary, Kevin, Mum.
Finished Pair for LT. -knit them hats instead!
- Languishing Sweaters: Sew Buttons on Jackaroo and wear it. Finish or Frog!
Where to find more episodes…
- 3 Seasons available of Knitting Samurai Podcasts on YouTube. Expectant Knitter (10 episodes), Knitting Samurai Plus 1 (100 episodes), and The Knitting Samurai & Her Guys (35 episodes).
- wordpress.com carries the 20 most recent episodes and 20 past episodes back to when Roland was born.
- And you can subscribe to the podcast via the I-tunes as well.