Welcome to the Knitting Samurai and Her Guys Video Podcast! A Show about a scattered caffeinated mom who knits, loves her family, works full-time and tries to keep it all running smoothly.
All hats are knit holding yarn doubled, with US size 5 and US size 7 needles.
PHI Shawl is done! PHI Shawl by Jennifer Dassau using Leading Men Fiber Arts in Show Stopper color Man of Mystery and Into The Whirled Ulundi Sock in the Captain Tightpants color. US size 6s – 4.0mm needles.
Finished Save The Baby Whales! by Sargantana with some Cascade 220 Heathers in color 1910 Summer Sky Heather using US size 4 -3.5mm and US size 6 -4.0mm needles. Made it a Henley and knitting the 2-3 year size for Tristan. Although may fit Roland (5T).
Working on hat inspired by the Baa-Ble Hat by Donna Smith using mitten stitch motif for the colorwork. Fibernymph Bounce and unknown yarn from Rhinebeck.
Great Progress on Orion’s Belt by Paulina P. Pattern was gifted to my MaidInEngland. Thank you. Using Handmaiden Casbah in Pewter, Knit Picks Stroll in Butternut, and Lion Brand Sock Ease Prints in Taffy. Oxymoron!
2016 Aspirations: Really just focusing in on knitting down stash and completing stash dash for now.
- Knit 10 miles(17.6K yards) of yarn, 27% more than last year.
So far this year I’ve knit 10,700 yards. I’m right on schedule.
- Barn Raising Quilt Year 3: 29 Blanket squares. This is the 3rd year so I need to knit whatever squares are left to be knit.
-none this month, but I took them out. Stash dash is a deterrent.
- Get stash below 160 miles. -10.7 miles total.
At 165.9 down 5 miles! 6 miles to go. 6 consecutive months of decrease!
- Knit 6 sweaters for us: maybe 3 sweaters for me and 2 sweaters for each boy. That math doesn’t work.
Finished Whale Sweater for Tristan
- 10 Pairs of socks including socks for LT, Dad, Shary, Kevin, Mum.
Finished Pair for LT. -knit them hats instead!
- Languishing Sweaters: Sew Buttons on Jackaroo and wear it. Finish or Frog!
May 27th through August 21st
3.2K yards or 2.9K Meters completed toward my 5K – 2K in and 3 weeks…unlikely. Pokemon!
AP, Pokemon, Stratham Fair.
Where to find more episodes…
- 3 Seasons available of Knitting Samurai Podcasts on YouTube. Expectant Knitter (10 episodes), Knitting Samurai Plus 1 (100 episodes), and The Knitting Samurai & Her Guys (35 episodes).
- wordpress.com carries the 20 most recent episodes and 20 past episodes back to when Roland was born.
- And you can subscribe to the podcast via the I-tunes as well.